A Guide to Faculty Recruitment at BU (Academic)
This internal event is open to Brandon University faculty and staff only, and is not open to the general public.
This workshop provides an opportunity to work through the recruitment and selection templates and tools that complement the Guide to Faculty Recruitment at BU, The guide offers a consistent approach to academic recruiting in addition to best practice suggestions across campus, providing valuable information in areas of protected Human Rights, the duty to accommodate, and the privacy rights of candidates. The guide is available as a resource for everyone participating in faculty searches and has been tailored to Brandon University.
Topics to be explored include:
- Chairing and participating as a member of a selection committee
- Determining position requirements and establishing related criteria
- Advertising to reach a broad and diverse group of qualified applicants
- Initial screening of applicants and communication
- Considerations for hosting candidates
- Potential barriers to a fair candidate evaluation
- Interview questions: What to ask? What not to ask?
- De-briefing internal candidates
- Reference checking and offering the position
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in faculty recruitment at BU, particularly those serving on selection committees.
This workshop is also available on an as-needed basis, for departments or selection committees who would like to request a session.
- Karen MacDonald, BU Chief Human Resources Office
- Andrea Cruise, Human Resources Officer
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com