- This event has passed.
Athletics Wall of Fame Brunch
The Dick and Verda McDonald Sports Wall of Fame is located on the second level of BU’s Healthy Living Centre. The display features nostalgic memorabilia from past teams and athletes of Brandon University and Brandon College.
The Wall of Fame induction brunch is among the big highlights of Homecoming and the Athletics reunion.
The 2019 induction class includes:
- Paul Sanderson Athlete: Volleyball (2007-2011)
- Teagan Hunter Athlete: Volleyball (2006-2011)
- Andrew Korol Athlete: Volleyball (2005-2009)
- Becky Birch (nee Young) Athlete: Volleyball (2006-2011)
- Bill Gadd Community Leader: Volleyball (2000-2009)
- Daryle McCannell Community Leader: Volleyball (1987-2017)
- Bev Neufeld (nee Morrison) Community Leader: Basketball, Field Hockey (1978-1981)
- Bobcat Men’s Volleyball Team (2008-09)
Tickets for the Wall of Fame brunch on Saturday, October 19 at the Victoria Inn Grand Salon can be purchased from the Customer Service Centre at the Healthy Living Centre for $50.
Tables of eight can be reserved for $350, and those travelling from outside of Brandon can reserve tickets by calling (204) 727-7354.
Doors open at 8:30 a.m., breakfast is at 9:00 a.m. with the ceremony starting at 10:00 a.m.
The 2019 Wall of Fame induction ceremony is part of a Bobcat volleyball reunion scheduled for October 17-20. The Wall of Fame and reunion coincides with the start of the regular season for the current Bobcat volleyball teams. The BU men’s team earned a silver medal at nationals last season and won the Canada West title on home court. The celebration is also a buildup towards BU hosting the U SPORTS men’s volleyball championship in March 2021.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: firstname.lastname@example.org