- This event has passed.
BU Family Fun afternoon
Note: This event takes place in Calglary, AB.
The BU campus comes alive with activities for all ages. Saturday afternoon is perfect for families to explore BU’s buildings, and have fun at Homecoming.
Come early for the Cartoon Cereal Bar or drop in on the PrairieCon GamesDay. Both of those start at 10 a.m. Make sure to make time to wander through the Campus Chrome car show. Looking for action? There are plenty of Bobcats athletics games to take in if you’re feeling like cheering! And when you feel like a snack, we’ll have food trucks to fill you up.
Here is the afternoon’s schedule of fun, games and entertainment planned for Family Fun:
- Noon – 3:30 p.m. in Henry Champ Gym at the Healthy Living Centre — Laser Tag: Zap! And you’re It! Up to 10 kids can play at a time.
- Noon – 4 p.m. in the Kavanagh Courtyard — Photo Booth: Snap a fun photo with some of our silly props, or try a few dozen until you get your smile just right.
- Noon – 4 p.m. in the Flora Cowan Residences — Haunted Residence Walk Through: Boo! Take the kids to see the spooky ‘Haunted Hallway’ in the basement of Flora Cowan … if you dare. And receive some goodies, too!
- Noon – 4 p.m. in the Kavanagh Courtyard — Bannock Over the Fire: Ready for a snack? Roast your own with this traditional treat.
- Noon – 4 p.m. in the Healthy Living Centre Mezzanine — Dash Robot Challenge: Drop in to test your mettle with metal robots! Games are inclusive for ages 5–12 but require parents or guardians to sign a MiniU waiver form (provided). Drop in, first-come, first-served.
- 1–2 p.m. in the Evans Theatre — The Bubbleman: Think bubbles are just small and round? You’ll be amazed at the blobby rainbow-hued creations that can be pulled from the air.
- 2–3:30 p.m. in Henry Champ Gym at the Healthy Living Centre — Archery Tag: Get your competitive juices flowing in pitched battle with safely padded bows and arrows. Must be at least 9 years to play, and parents or guardians must sign MiniU waiver form (provided). Drop in, first-come, first-served.
- 2–2:30 p.m. in the Kavanagh Courtyard — Rock Finding: #BURocks and #WestmanRocks. Join the fun by playing hide-and-seek with a stone.
- 2–3 p.m. in the Indigenous Peoples’ Centre (IPC) — Tipi Making Craft: Learn about the meaning and utility of a tipi as you make one of your own to take home.
- 3–4 p.m. in the Indigenous Peoples’ Centre (IPC) — Beading: Assembling this intricate traditional artwork is a lot of fun.
Please note there is limited space for some events.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: firstname.lastname@example.org