- This event has passed.
Campus Safety & Facilities Operations
OPEN TO BU FACULTY AND STAFF AS PART OF THE WORKING AT BU SERIES
The Brandon University community is welcoming and supportive, and we work hard everyday to keep it as safe and inviting as possible.
In the first half of this session, you will learn about campus safety. More specifically, we will discuss:
- Rights of the employee to a safe working environment
- Emergency Info (evacuation procedures / webpage contacts)
- Safety features on campus (AED, BSAFE app, Be Safe Blue Phones)
- Hazard & Incident forms (How to Guide)
Facilitated by Denise Merrill, BU Health & Safety Officer
The second half will highlight key services, processes and resources for the day-to-day operational functioning of our campus and facilities.
- Sustainability – green initiatives (waste diversion) water bottle ban review
- Grounds campus overview (gardens, snow and sun)
- Physical plant about us (project planning and management, key control, onsite event planning support)
- Work order process
Facilitated by Michael McCormick, Director – Physical Plant
RSVP below by entering the # 1 to indicate registration for one person. You will be prompted to enter your email address, then click the Confirm RSVP button. An automated confirmation will appear in your inbox immediately and a follow up calendar invitation will be sent 1 – 3 days following, providing the virtual meeting link and details.
If you have any accessibility needs, please notify Erica Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com