Early Conflict Resolution
Conflict in the workplace/learning environment is inevitable, but it does not have to be destructive. The more comfortable every member of the university community is with resolving conflict at its early stages, the more harmonious the environment can be. This brief introduction to dealing with conflict productively will look at what conflict is (and isn’t) and what resources are available to aid individuals who want to address these situations in a constructive and professional manner.
Attend this session with Diversity and Human Rights Advisor, Cheryl Fleming, to discuss:
- The guiding principles of conflict resolution.
- What to do if you are experiencing conflict.
- The difference between conflict and discrimination and harassment.
- What’s the best way to solve conflict.
- Reflect on our conflict paradigm – challenge it.
- Discuss and reflect on our conflict cycle.
- Walk through a mindful approach to conflict.
- Scenarios on how to best address the rising conflict.
For planning purposes, please sign up using the RSVP feature below.
- Enter the the number 1 in the first field under RSVP, indicating your request to attend.
- You will be prompted to provide your email address and then click Confirm RSVP.
- An automated message will be sent immediately to your email to confirm your registration.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com