- This event has passed.
Guidelines for Recruitment & Hiring (Non-Academic)
THIS INTERNAL SESSION IS OPEN TO BRANDON UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES.
This session provides an opportunity to work through the recruitment and selection templates and tools that complement the Non-Academic Recruitment Guidelines document. The guide offers a consistent approach to non-academic recruiting in addition to best practice suggestions across campus, providing valuable information in areas of protected Human Rights, the duty to accommodate, and the privacy rights of candidates. The guide is available as a resource for everyone participating in non-academic searches.
Topics to be explored include:
- Chairing and participating as a member of a selection committee
- Determining position requirements and establishing related criteria
- Advertising to reach a broad and diverse group of qualified applicants
- Initial screening of applicants and communication
- Considerations for hosting candidates
- Potential barriers to a fair candidate evaluation
- Interview questions: What to ask? What not to ask?
- De-briefing internal candidates
- Reference checking and offering the position
Facilitator: Andrea Cruise, BU Human Resources Officer
If you have any accessibility needs or questions, please contact Erica at email@example.com prior to the session.
Enter the # 1 in the field below. You will be prompted to enter your name and email address. An automated confirmation will be sent to your inbox.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: firstname.lastname@example.org