- This event has passed.
MELS Student Talks
The Master of Science (Environmental & Life Sciences) invites you to hear second-year students presenting talks based on ongoing research.
MELS Second Year Student Talks
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Brodie Building, Room 3-47
Zoom Link: https://brandonu-ca.zoom.us/j/94680806073
Meeting ID: 946 8080 6073 Passcode: MELS2023
1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
- Courtney Geer (Supervisor: Mike Charette)
- SAM Supplementation Partially Rescues a Yeast Model of the Bowen-Conradi Syndrome Ribosomopathy
1:50 p. m. – 2:10 p.m.
- Brady Nault (Supervisor: Mousumi Majumder)
- More than the mitochondria: Investigating ATP-synthase as a breast cancer biomarker
2:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Reid Opperman (Supervisor: Mousumi Majumder)
- The Roles of microRNAs in Breast Cancer Cellular Senescence
BREAK – 10 min | 2:30 p.m. – 2:40 p.m.
2:40 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Nidhi Patel (Supervisor: David Greenwood)
- Spore and pollen record of terrestrial vegetation’s response to end Cretaceous mass extinction
Geography and Environment
3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Carter Hildebrand (Supervisors: Pete Whittington & Scott Ketcheson)
- Bog islands in patterned fens: insights into allogenic and autogenic factors on bog formation
3:20 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
- Michael Falufosi (Supervisor: Pete Whittington)
- Effects of the post-glacial hydrogeomorphic settings on peatlands distribution in south-eastern Manitoba, Canada
We hope to see you there!
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com