- This event has passed.
Responding to Disclosures
This workshop will explore the myths surrounding sexual assault and how these myths increase confusion surrounding sexual assault. The prevalence of sexual assault on Canadian University campuses is explored and participants will learn about trauma responses that will help explain some of the survivor reactions you may come across. Finally, best response practices and how best to support an individual who has experienced sexual assault on our campus will be demonstrated. Participants will get an opportunity to role play the techniques they will learn. This workshop is for faculty and staff only.
Participants attending this workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to support someone who discloses sexual assault on campus.
- Learn how trauma impacts our minds and our bodies.
- Practice techniques to respond and support survivors.
- Understand the difference between disclosure and reporting.
- Test drive the process of a sexual violence disclosure/report on our campus.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com