- This event has passed.
Solo exhibition and virtual walkthrough
Art galleries may be closed, but the art will still be open to the public, as Brandon University thesis students in the IshKaabatens Waasa Gaa Inaabateg Department of Visual Art plan virtual walkthroughs of their solo exhibitions.
“All year we have been impressed and inspired by the spirit and resilience shown by our students in handling the changes thrust upon them by the pandemic, and these thesis exhibitions display that same inventive energy,” said department chair Kevin DeForest. “In many ways all art is about creatively reinterpreting the world around you, so while these exhibitions are very much worth experiencing in person, hosting a virtual walkthrough also adds a new layer that is appropriate to the world today.”
Four students who are graduating with BU Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees are each mounting a solo show at the Glen P. Sutherland Gallery of Art at BU. While the gallery is currently closed to the public due to Covid-19 restrictions, the students will each be hosting a virtual public exhibition through a Zoom artist talk and a virtual exhibition walkthrough. As well, all the thesis exhibition student shows will also be featured on the gallery’s recently refreshed website at thesutherland.ca.
- Exhibition: Empowered by Play
- Zoom artist talk and exhibition walk through: Thursday March 18, 8 p.m.
- Image: Mindspace 13, Acrylic, oil, alcohol ink and puzzle pieces on canvas, 2021
- Exhibition: An Ode to Rocks (as perspectives of self)
- Zoom artist talk and exhibition walk through: Thursday March.25, 8 p.m.
- Image: A Reflection on Community (there is beauty in each of us), Oil on canvas, 2020
- Exhibition: With Time
- Zoom artist talk and exhibition walk through: Thursday April 8, 8 p.m.
- Image: Touch (detail), Acrylic on wax paper, 2021
- Exhibition: Detritus
- Zoom artist talk and exhibition walk through: Thursday April 15, 7 p.m.
- Image: Deity, Glazed ceramic and acrylic paint, 2021
For your link to the Zoom artist talks and walk throughs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: email@example.com