- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: BU’s New Discrimination & Harassment Prevention Policy & Procedures
This event has been postponed until Thursday, May 10. Details of the rescheduled event can be found here.
A new Discrimination and Harassment Policy and accompanying procedures at Brandon University will help all faculty, staff, and students address issues of discrimination and harassment in the work and learning environment, and differentiate these from interpersonal conflict. Attend this interactive session with Diversity and Human Rights Advisor, Lisa Park, to discuss:
- What are discrimination and harassment, and how do they differ from interpersonal conflict?
- What are the guiding principles behind the Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Procedures?
- What is the legal foundation for the Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Procedures?
- What do I do if I am being discriminated against or harassed at Brandon University?
- What are my other options for addressing discrimination or harassment in the province of Manitoba?
Lisa Park, Diversity & Human Rights Advisor (BU)
Who should attend?
Open to all members of the university community.
To ensure these opportunities are available to all, please advise of any accessibility needs prior to the event. Contact Lisa Park at ParkL@BrandonU.ca or 204-727-9785.
Brandon University is committed to being an accessible institution. To ensure that any event is available to all who are interested in attending, please advise us in advance of any accessibility considerations. Accessibility contact: firstname.lastname@example.org